This gluten free butternut squash ravioli is a delicious and healthy dish that I and my children enjoy eating while at home or traveling somewhere for a picnic. This easy-to-make recipe is full of flavor and texture, with the perfect combination of creamy butternut squash filling and crunchy gluten-free pasta shells. It is an excellent way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, while still being able to indulge in something delicious.
I remember when I first tried this recipe at home using simple ingredients and with no time. my children and husband love to eat these delicious ravioli occasionally. Gluten-free butternut squash ravioli has now become a Christmas tradition for my family.
I have got all the details for you to make this super delicious homemade Gluten-free butternut squash ravioli for any occasion.
Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Ravioli Recipe
Gluten-free butternut squash ravioli recipe
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1.5 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ButternutSquash Filling (cooked butternut squash, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper andItalian seasoning)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Start by prepping the filling for the ravioli. Combinecooked butternut squash with ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepperin a food processor or blender until it forms a thick paste. Set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water and add some salt. Once boiling,carefully drop the gluten-free pasta shells into the pot according to packageinstructions. Cook until al dente - they should be tender but still slightlyfirm in the center.
- Strain the cooked shells into a colander, rinse with cold water,and set aside on a clean towel to dry.
- Place one sheet of pasta onto a flat surface - preferablyone that has been lightly dusted with arrowroot flour or gluten-free flourblend. Carefully spoon 1 teaspoon of the filling onto each shell, then top withanother sheet of pasta so that it lays over the filled shells like a blanket.Gently press down between each mound of filling to seal and form the raviolishape.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and letit warm for two minutes or until hot enough to sizzle when you drop in someravioli. Place the ravioli into the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd it.
- Cookfor 3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown and crispy. Gentlyremove from heat and let cool slightly before serving warm with desiredtoppings - garlic butter, pesto, parmesan cheese, etc. Enjoy!
My Special Personal Tip
I am sharing my personal special tip for you to rock. For a fun twist on this dish, try adding cooked bacon pieces or fresh herbs to the filling mixture prior to spooning it onto the pasta sheets. Or mix together some ricotta cheese with sautéed mushrooms and spinach for an even more flavorful filling!
You can also top your gluten-free butternut squash ravioli with marinara sauce for a classic Italian-style dinner.
These gluten-free butternut squash ravioli make a delicious and healthy meal that your whole family will love. With the right ingredients and some simple steps, you can easily create an impressive dish in no time at all. Try experimenting with different fillings to find your favorite combination for a delicious dinner every time!
- Are Colombian Empanadas Gluten Free?
- classic Gluten-Free Piroshki Recipe
- Is crème brûlée gluten free? (Delicious Desert Recipe)
How To Make Gluten-Free Pasta Dough
You can’t take out pasta dough as making gluten-free pasta dough is an essential step when it comes to making homemade ravioli.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get started:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, including white rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together two large eggs and 2 tablespoons of olive oil until combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until a dough begins to form. You may need to use your hands to knead the dough until it reaches an elastic consistency.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and roll each piece out on a lightly floured surface until it is 1/8 inch thick. Cut circles in the dough using a ravioli cutter or a cookie cutter, then fill with your favorite gluten-free butternut squash filling.
- To seal the edges of each ravioli, moisten them with water and press the edges together with your fingers. Place the finished ravioli on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Gently drop in the ravioli and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Serve your delicious gluten-free butternut squash ravioli with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly grated cheese, and your favorite herbs. Enjoy!
For an even quicker solution, you can also purchase store-bought gluten-free versions of this classic Italian dish. I will recommend purchasing store-bought pasta dough if you don’t want to make it at home.
How to cook the noodles and butternut squash
To make the gluten-free butternut squash ravioli, you’ll first need to cook the pasta. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the noodles. Cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. While the noodles are cooking, prepare your butternut squash filling by roasting it in the oven with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Once it’s cooked through, let cool before mixing in your favorite herbs and seasonings. When both components are ready, assemble the ravioli by placing small spoonfuls of the butternut squash mixture onto each noodle. Fold over to seal them and place each one on a lightly floured baking sheet. To finish, lightly brush each ravioli with oil before baking in a preheated oven at 400°F for 12-15 minutes..
How to stuff the ravioli with the filling.
To stuff your ravioli with the butternut squash filling, first measure out a teaspoon of filling for each piece. Place the measured filling in the center of each pasta sheet and carefully fold it over to form a triangle shape. Using your fingers or a fork, press down firmly on the edges to seal them tightly and prevent any filling from escaping.
Finally, place each filled ravioli onto a lightly floured baking sheet and brush with oil before baking in a preheated oven at 400°F for 12-15 minutes.
How best to serve this dish such as with a sauce, cheese, or alongside other dishes.
Serving has always been my favorite part as it allows me to experiment with different and interesting serving options that either I have learned from the internet or have tried myself. For now, I will recommend that these delicious gluten-free butternut squash ravioli can be served as a main dish or side dish.
It pairs wonderfully with a light cream sauce, melted cheese, and other vegetables such as spinach or mushrooms. You could even serve it alongside a simple salad of arugula and tomatoes for added flavor. You can also enjoy them plain or with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a twist of freshly ground pepper.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
Tips and Tricks: Adding herbs for extra flavor
Making gluten-free butternut squash ravioli can be easy and hassle-free if you follow a few simple tips. To make the most of this dish, try adding herbs such as basil or oregano for extra flavor. You could also try adding some chopped nuts or toasted breadcrumbs to give the ravioli a crunchy texture.
How to store any leftover ravioli.
If you have any leftover ravioli, store them in an airtight container and they will keep for up to two days in the refrigerator. To heat them up again, simply place them on a baking sheet and bake or reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Variations: Ideas on how you can change up the recipe
There are many ways to switch up this gluten-free butternut squash ravioli recipe. Try using different types of squash such as acorn, delicata, or kabocha squash instead of the traditional butternut. You could also experiment with different kinds of store-bought gluten-free pasta like fettuccine, linguine, or penne. To add more flavor to the dish, try adding different herbs and spices like sage, oregano, garlic powder, and chili flakes.
Finally, for a balanced meal, top the ravioli with your favorite sauces such as marinara sauce or pesto. By making these small variations you can create a delicious and nutritious gluten-free butternut squash ravioli dish at home.
The gluten-free butternut squash ravioli is a simple and delicious dish that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions. Not only is it tasty, but it also provides the perfect balance between healthy carbohydrates, vegetables, and proteins. Plus, its versatility allows you to experiment with different kinds of store-bought gluten-free pasta and sauces to create different flavor combinations. With this dish, you can enjoy all the benefits of a healthy gluten-free meal without compromising on taste.
Enjoy this classic Italian dish as a main or side course – it’s sure to please! I believe it can be enjoyed by anyone, regardless of dietary restrictions