Conversation hearts are a classic Valentine’s Day treat, but they can be difficult to enjoy if you have gluten intolerance. That’s why I was so excited when I discovered a way to make delicious gluten-free conversation hearts that taste just as good—if not better—than the original! Bring them out every year on Valentine’s Day for your friends and family.
Try my favorite Gluten-free Ferrero Rocher Tiene. I have shared the recipe and method to make them at home.
What are conversation hearts?
Gluten-Free Conversation Hearts are small, heart-shaped candies that feature a variety of sayings or messages. They come in different colors and sizes and are most commonly given as festive treats during Valentine’s Day celebrations.
For years these sweet treats have been enjoyed by people across the world, but recently there has been a rise in popularity for gluten-free conversation hearts since more people are looking for healthier alternatives to traditional sweets.
The Popularity of Conversation Hearts Today
As gluten-free diets become increasingly popular, so too has the demand for gluten-free conversation hearts. In 2020, it is estimated that over 15 million boxes of conversation hearts were sold around the world, and this number is expected to grow as more people look for healthier alternatives to traditional sweets.
If you are a fan of soft and sweet cakes then try out Gluten-free Creme Brulee
How to Make Gluten-Free Conversation Hearts at Home
Making your own gluten-free conversation hearts is quite simple and requires only a few ingredients. All you need are one cup of white sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, two tablespoons of water, a few drops of food coloring, and two tablespoons of cornstarch.
To make gluten-free conversation hearts you will need one cup of white sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, two tablespoons of water, a few drops of food coloring, and two tablespoons of cornstarch. It is also helpful to have some parchment paper or waxed paper on hand to spread the dough out.
Step-by-Step Guide for Making Conversation Hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl mix together the white sugar, vanilla extract, water, and food coloring until combined.
- Add in the cornstarch and stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, and cut it into desired shapes with cookie cutters or a knife.
- Place shapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before handling.
- Decorate as desired with icing or other decorations.
Tips and Tricks for Making the Perfect Gluten-Free Conversation Hearts
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect gluten-free conversation hearts every time
- Make sure your ingredients are all gluten-free, including food coloring and any decorations you use.
- Use an oven thermometer to ensure that your oven is up to the correct temperature before baking.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to prevent sticking.
- Cut out your shapes carefully, as thin strips will tend to burn and thick pieces may take longer to bake.
- Keep an eye on your hearts while they’re in the oven, as they can burn quickly if left unattended.
- Allow your conversation hearts to cool completely before handling or decorating them.
Why gluten-free conversation hearts are important?
A major concern with many sweets is the presence of gluten, which can cause severe reactions in those who have celiac disease or other sensitivity to wheat products. By making Gluten Free Conversation Hearts, people with allergies can still participate in the joys of Valentine’s Day without worrying about the potential health risks.
Benefits of Eating Gluten-Free Conversation Hearts
Beyond being gluten-free, there are many benefits associated with eating these sweet treats! Not only do gluten-free conversation hearts taste delicious, but they are also an excellent source of fiber and proteins – making them a healthier alternative to traditional sweets. Additionally, these treats are low in fat and sugar, making them a great option for those looking to watch their calorie intake.
With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can make your own Gluten Free Conversation Hearts right at home – without any of the worry associated with eating traditional sweets! Plus, they’re sure to be enjoyed by everyone on Valentine’s Day. So why not give it a try this season? We promise you won’t regret it!
In conclusion, making gluten-free conversation hearts is easy and enjoyable. Not only will you be able to enjoy delicious treats without any of the worry associated with eating traditional sweets, but they’re also healthier than most store-bought options. So why not give it a try this Valentine’s Day? We promise you won’t regret it!
Good luck and happy baking! 🙂